Business Consultant and Team Manager
Do you pride yourself on being accurate and thorough? Do you know accounting and payroll like the back of your hand? Do you get a thrill from figuring out a problem and finding errors that others missed? Do you enjoy coaching and supporting other in developing their careers? Do you embrace technology and new ways of working that will make your life easier and more efficient? Do you like to work in an environment with autonomy? Then this job maybe just for you!
- Extensive payroll knowledge
- Extensive accounting knowledge
- General knowledge HR practices and laws
- Detailed oriented
- Comfortable with technology
- Comfortable switching between clients and situations on a daily basis
- Responsible, take-charge attitude
- Highly organized
- Pays close attention to details
- Exceptional email follow-up and written communication skills
- Curious about how businesses work
- Willing to look at problems from all sides
- Management experience
- Likes training others on accounting and bookkeeping
- Excel – Intermediate skills
- QuickBooks knowledge
- Google Suite
- Microsoft Office Suite
The position requires ownership of the following:
- Entering Year End Adjusting Journal Entries and verifying against final Balance Sheet
- Preparing financial statements for year-end taxes or audit
- Correcting payroll liability issues, including reviewing tax liability payments, and checking the Balance Sheet for errors
- Reviewing 941s and W-2s for accuracy before they are mailed out
- Updating a variety of client Excel Spreadsheets i.e. budgeting and projections spreadsheets
- Manually converting financial statements from Accrual to Cash
- Replying to client emails and requests for support as needed
- Communicating with the team to better serve the client’s needs
About the Role
The Business Consultant & Team Manager will be a key advisor for Gemsbok’s clients and staff. This role will work directly with clients on monthly reporting, completing payroll, accounting questions and overall business needs. This work will include tasks such as reconciling monthly activity, populating and reviewing monthly reporting for key business trends, concerns and successes. They will work directly with business owners to answer questions about financials, HR and accounting. This role will be involved with preparing financials for year-end audits or tax returns for several clients. Questions and updates are received almost daily from some clients. In addition, this role will oversee the Gemsbok team. The role is fast paced and requires thoroughness coupled with timeliness.
This role will work from their home office 100% of the time and as a result will need a focused area to work. Much of the work will need to be done between 8 am – 5 pm Monday – Friday, but hours are flexible if clients receive a response within 1 business day. When online, the consultant would be expected to respond to an email, slack or other communication within 2 hours during normal business hours.
- Name: First and last
- Submit your resume and cover letter in PDF file format
- Why should we hire you as our next Business Consultant?
- Salary Requirement
- Cover Letter*
Full-Time position with flexible Hours
Competitive pay based on experience
To apply, please complete the following form.