Full-time or Part-time
Do you pride yourself on being accurate and thorough? Do you love supporting business owners in running their businesses? Do you know accounting basics and payroll like the back of your hand? Do you get a thrill from figuring out a problem and finding errors that others missed? Do you embrace technology and new ways of working that will make your life easier and more efficient? Do you like to work in an environment with autonomy? Then this job may be just for you!
At Gemsbok Consulting we are committed to delivering reliable financial records and helping our clients make better, more informed business decisions. We understand the challenges CFOs and business owners face and have worked with hundreds of companies to help them with a variety of financial and operating issues. Gemsbok Consulting’s mission is to provide strategic financial and operational support for the everyday business owner. Overall the mentality is crunching numbers and our team is composed of passionate and energetic individuals that do just that.
About the Role
The Accountant will be a key advisor for Gemsbok’s clients. This role will work directly with clients on monthly reporting, completing payroll, accounting questions, and overall business needs. This work will include tasks such as reconciling monthly activity and populating and reviewing monthly reporting for key business trends, concerns, and successes. The Accountant will work directly with business owners to answer questions about financial reporting, and accounting. The Accountant will be involved with preparing financials for year-end audits or tax returns for several clients. Questions and updates are received almost daily from some clients. The role is fast-paced and requires thoroughness coupled with timeliness.
- Extensive accounting experience & knowledge (minimum of 3 years)
- Multi-state payroll knowledge
- Detailed oriented
- Comfortable with technology
- Excellent communicator in all forms
- Curious about how businesses work
- Willing to look at problems from all sides
- Likes training others in accounting and bookkeeping
The position requires ownership of the following:
- Entering year-nd adjusting journal entries and verifying against the final balance sheet
- Preparing financial statements for year-end taxes or audit
- Correcting payroll liability issues, including reviewing tax liability payments, and checking the balance sheet for errors
- Reviewing 941s and W-2s for accuracy before they are mailed out
- Updating a variety of client Excel spreadsheets i.e. budgeting and projections spreadsheets
- Manually converting financial statements from accrual to cash
- Replying to client emails and requests for support as needed
- Communicating with the team to better serve the client’s needs
- Excel – Intermediate skills
- QuickBooks knowledge
- Google Suite
- Microsoft Office Suite
This role will work from their home office 100% of the time. The Accountant will need a focused area to work in their home. Gemsbok Consulting will provide a computer. Much of the work will need to be done between 8 am – 5 pm Monday – Friday and hours are flexible if clients receive a response within 1 business day. When online, the Accountant would be expected to respond to an email, slack, or other communication within 2 hours during normal business hours.
Salary and Benefits
- $67,500 – $80,000
- Simple IRA
- Vacation and sick time off
- Holiday pay
- Flexible working scheduled
Please complete the required following form. Candidates must provide a resume and cover letter in pdf format with their desired salary and why they should be considered for the position.